Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A Letter of Thanks

A Letter of Thanks and a Request for Continued Support

To all who have prayed with me and for my wife over the last month, I offer my sincere and deepest appreciation. Your prayers have truly been heard in heaven. In matters of Godly intent, I have always said that the proof is in the pudding and the pudding is rich indeed. Although I have never seen the wind, I know it exists because I see the leaves move within it – so it is with God. Your prayers have been mighty and God has moved mountains. He has granted us our miracle. He has yet again given me another chance to love and grow with my princess and queen.

 In speaking with the Oncologist just after her brain surgery, Ann was scared, but not shaken. The tumor was fully removed and sent out for testing. The Doctors feared that it was a very bad and quickly developing cancer that would be terminal and discussed the worst and best case scenarios with my wife. Her faith was in your prayers and the best case scenario.

It took several days to diagnose the tumor as non-cancerous. Everyone who had seen the initial biopsy and test results was amazed and shocked, except Ann. “Our God is an Awesome God” is what my wife said to me when the final test results came back negative for cancer.  Truly, God’s Holy Spirit has filled the void now left by the removed brain tumor.

Because the Doctors feared that the tumor was cancerous and would spread, they did not remove the tissue where the tumor had grown during the initial brain surgery. Now that they know that the tumor was not cancerous, they will be going back in to remove the outer tissue of the brain envelope where the tumor grew to keep it from coming back on October 30th, 2015. Doctors anticipate Ann to have a complete and full recovery within three months of her surgery.

Please keep her in your prayers for an event-free operation and full and speedy recovery, as well as a steady hand for her surgeon.

Are God Is Truly a Loving, Merciful, and Awesome God,

David V. Burdick

1 comment: